Advantages of eating palak- First of all palak is also known as spinach. It has some bitter taste but palak is considered as one of the functional food. The green leaves of spinach ( palak ) are used as an ingredient in many dishes. It is one of the healthiest plant-based food. The leaves of spinach are very helpful in weight loss. palak ( spinach ) helps in digestion, eyesight and it also prevents from constipation. It has been scientifically proven that the leaves of palak are an anti-cancer agent. People in India are suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure is responsible for causing kidney disease, stroke. consumption of spinach ( palak ) will reduce hypertension, anxiety, stress. Consuming more of spinach promotes gastrointestinal health. The beta-carotene and vitamin C present in it protect the cells of the body’s colon from the harmful effects of free radicals.
Spinach benefits for skin-
Skin is the most sensitive of our body. We all care for healthy and glowing skin. Thus, our skin needs certain nutrients for maintaining its health. Green leafy vegetables are very useful for skin and spinach is no exception. Loaded with most useful vitamins like Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin K as well as vital minerals, this vegetable plays an important role in skincare.
All my dear friends, palak paneer recipe is one of my favorite recipes. In India, There are many expert people, chefs etc, to make palak paneer but don’t yield good gravy. I can’t believe I don’t have a palak paneer recipe on my blog yet. It’s just wrong of me. But I couldn’t wait because this palak paneer recipe everyone should have the whole world so that they can experience what we do every day. I wanted to do this recipe again as with modified cooking method. It is very easy to prepare and can be made in so many ways. I want to tell you an important information that we all ( those who are a foodie or inspired cooks please don’t blanch the spinach to prevent loss of nutrients). The most important part to be noted that the green vegetable palak should be grinded very well because smoothness is very important. So, guys, let’s have a look and share your views about my favourite dish ( palak paneer ).
Palak paneer recipe
*Prep time- 15 – 20 minute * cooking time 30 – 40 minute. serve- 3 – 4
Ingredients of palak paneer recipe
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/8 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 green chili (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp ginger (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 10 spinach (washed and clean, about 6 cups packed spinach)
- 1-1/2 cups paneer (cubed near about 1/3 pound of paneer)
- 1 tomato
Some important keys to remember and preparation-
- Blanching gets rid of harmful micro-organisms, which can cause food poisoning.
- carefully cut the vegetable palak because in some monsoon season some tiny micro organisms may be founded
- Blanching also releases some of the calcium which is included in green leaves. First of all use fresh palak to have a better taste, check each leaf to prevent worms.
- Then, cut the leaves and discard the stems as they have a bitter taste.
- wash smoothly with water and place aside and spray vinegar and leave for 5 minutes.
- Discard the water and rinse them again for a few minutes.
- Then after taking a pan, add 2 to 3 tbsp of oil and fry the pieces of paneer gently, light golden. I
- If you want to blanch then boil 4 cups of water and add spinach in it with some little salt 1/4.
- In the same pan, add green chilies, spinach, fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Blend the spinach and chillies in a jar
For palak paneer gravy-
- Firstly take a pan, add 2 tbsp oil heat it. Add cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, and cloves. Then after two to 4 minutes add onions in the pan and fry till they become transparent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste in it and mix well.
- Add tomatoes in it and sprinkle salt according to taste and mix well till the mixture becomes mushy.
- Now, add coriander, garam masala, kasuri methi in it and mix well.
- pour the half cup of water and stir unit the mixture thickens.
- Now the most important part, sim the flame and add spinach, mix well and cook until it begins to bubble for 3 minutes.
- Now add paneer into it and mix well smoothly so that the pieces of paneer may not be crushed.
- Then cook for 10 minutes and you will see you palak paneer should be ready.
- If you want to add some cream you can add after this and enjoy your meal
- Now you can serve palak paneer with naan, roti, rice etc.
Garnishing of palak paneer
- Take a bowl and place palak paneer in the bowl and you can add some cream, butter.
- You can make a pudhina chutney and then eat with roti, butter naan etc.
Vitamin A- 43% Vitamin C- 16.2% Iron- 9% Calcium- 6% Sodium-74mg Calories -159
Some tips and tricks to make palak paneer recipe
- If you are using fresh soft paneer it melts very quickly so please make sure that use fresh paneer but little hard. This will help you in making the best palak paneer recipe.
- check the seasoning time to time and add salt as per your taste, you can add some more water for your gravy.
- so the very important part you can shallow fry the paneer cubes for the flavour and texture, if you will shallow fry your dish it can reduce the calories of the dish.