This Nutritious Oats Idli Recipe is an easy and light dish to prepare for Breakfast. This Idli has suji replaced with healthy oats which are best for those who are health conscious. A great blend of taste and health.
Ingredients for Oats idli Recipe:
For Oats Powder:
- Then grind it in a small blender.
- one Tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- one tsp Chana Dal
- one tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Cup Carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves, chopped
- A pinch of Salt
For Idli Batter:
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Curd
- A pinch of Fruit Salt
Preparation of Oats Idli Recipe:-
First, we have to make oats powder.
- Take 2 cups of oats in a pan and dry roast them for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool down and then grind to make it a powder.
- In a broad pan heat oil over medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds to it and let them crackle.
- Now add chana and urad Dal, turmeric powder and green chillis. Mix well and saute until light brown.
- Add the chopped carrots and coriander leaves. Combine all the ingredients thoroughly along with a pinch of salt and cook for a minute or two.
- wait until the mixture cools down before adding into idli batter.
- Transfer the prepared oats powder to a large bowl.
- In this add salt and the fried mixture. Combine well.
- Now add the required quantity of curd and stir thoroughly in one direction adding a pinch of fruit salt to it.
- Prepare a medium thick batter and leave it covered for few minutes.
- Now grease the idli molds with ghee using a brush.
- Pour the prepared oats idli batter in each mold and put it in the steamer. Cover with a lid and steam for about 15 minutes over medium flame.
- After 15 minutes check whether the idlis are properly cooked.
- The tasty and healthy oats idli is ready to serve with coconut chutney.