Egg Curry is a delicious and wholesome main course recipe. If you’re an egg lover and/or new to Indian cooking, this a winner of a recipe to try. egg curry recipe involves classic Indian approaches to many flavors, such as frying up cumin seeds to release their potency. With the help of Some few spices, onions, tomatoes, and coconut milk make this utterly satisfying and comforting egg curry recipe that tastes best with parathas and rice. Egg curry has a very nice tangy taste of tomatoes coupled with the flavors and taste of the spices that are being used.
You can make this egg curry recipe for special occasions like kitty parties, lunch or dinner parties etc. Eggs are one of the most top health food which can be used in numerous ways. You can make use of eggs whenever you want in breakfast or in the evening. The white part and yolk of an egg are rich in nutrients – proteins, vitamins, and minerals rather yolk also contain cholesterol fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids. Two blissful days spent at the Goa ( Calangute beach ) eating, barbecuing, sunning and chilling with friends. But I couldn’t wait because this south Indian style egg curry with coconut and tamarind is a recipe everyone should have – the whole world so that they can experience what we do every day. I rarely make egg curry at home in India, but we do like the taste of the variety we get here.
You may also like,
Every city/place in this world has their own way of making egg curry in different styles. This recipe of egg curry can be prepared using some easily available ingredients.
Some of the benefits of Eating Eggs-
- Egg yolks contain large amounts of both lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are known to reduce blood levels of triglycerides, a well known risk factor for heart disease.
- We get a large number of Protein from eggs that are the main building blocks of the human body.
- A study published in Paediatrics magazine has suggested that giving young children just one egg a day for six months, alongside a diet with reduced sugar-sweetened foods, may help them achieve a healthy height and prevent stunting.
- Eating eggs helps in reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Eggs are high in cholesterol but eggs don’t affect blood cholesterol.
7. Regularly eating eggs may promote weight loss.
How to make Egg Curry?
This delicious egg curry is made in simple south Indian style and with the help of basic simple ingredients which were listed below. If you have boiled eggs ready you can make this recipe very quickly. You can serve egg curry with rice, roti etc.
How to make the perfect boiled eggs
Just place eggs in a pot and cover the eggs completely with water. Once the water starts boiling, turn off the flame and cover the pot. Set aside for 10 minutes. Transfer the eggs to an ice bath to stop the cooking process, peel and enjoy. This will give you perfect boiled eggs where the yolk is still yellow and doesn’t turn blackish at the edges. This process will give you the best results for your boiled eggs.
Ingredients for egg curry recipe-
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 Servings
- Category: Mains
Description- Learn how to make south Indian style egg curry, inspired by Kerala cuisine. Easy, comforting and creamy egg curry recipe!
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder Red
- 1/4 cup Tamarind Water
- 8 – 10 Curry Leaves
- Salt as required
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Ginger (or ginger paste)
- 7 Garlic cloves (smashed and roughly chopped) or garlic paste
- 2 medium sized Onions (finely chopped)
- 3 large Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 cup thin Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 Cinnamon (a small stick)
- 3 pods Cardamom
- 5 Peppercorns (lightly smashed)
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies (slit lengthwise)
- 5 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
How to Prepare Egg curry?
- Before making egg curry you must need perfect boiled eggs. Peel the eggs and put them in a bowl and set aside.
- Then, take a pan, add some oil heat at a medium flame, add ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder, and coriander powder in a bowl to marinate eggs.
- Add eggs in the pan and wait until the eggs become golden and set aside.
- In the same pan add mustard seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, and green chilies. Once everything starts spluttering, add ginger, garlic and onions.
- saute the masala well, cook the onions until becomes golden brown.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder, and salt and mix well.
- If you want to add coconut milk you can add now after it.
- Then add 2 cups of water and heat the pan for a while to make perfect gravy.
- Then add the golden brown eggs in the gravy and heat for 6 to 7 minutes then its done.
- After it add coriander leaves and mix. Bring to simmer.
- Then plate you favourite egg curry and enjoy with naan, roti or rice.