The chicken biryani recipe is perfect for special occasions and can be prepared quickly with ingredients easily available in your kitchen like garam masala, chicken, saffron etc. A world-renowned Indian dish, biryani takes time and practice to make but is worth every bit of the effort. A classic Mughalai dish, Biryani is an aromatic delight loved by all. The dish is then covered, its lid sealed on with dough and the biryani is cooked on a low flame. This is definitely a special occasion dish. Chicken Biryani recipe can be cooked in various innovative ways and you can also add your own innovations to it.
Servings with Biryani- Biryani is typically served mainly in festivals, biryani is a complete meal and should be eaten with some gravy dish for eg. chicken curry, egg curry etc. some salads should be taken like sliced onion, tomato etc.
Ingredients for chicken biryani
- 500 Gram Rice ( basmati rice, fortune rice )
- 400 Gram Chicken thighs (boneless)
For the marinade:
- 1 tsp White pepper
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
For the masala:
- 1/2 Tbsp desi ghee
- 4-5 Cardamoms
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 piece Small Cinnamon
- 2-3 Cloves
- 2 Tsp Garlic paste
- OneTsp Ginger paste
- 1 Cup Onion, sliced
- One cup Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Yellow chili powder
- two TspFennel or saunf powder
- salt as per taste
- 2 cups water
For the finishing spices:
- 1 tsp Green cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 Cup Cream
For the rice:
- 3 tsp rosewater
- Ginger, julienne
- 2 Green chilies, sliced
Preparation of chicken biryani recipe:
- Scrub and wash the rice and soak it in water for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into even-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and coat the chicken pieces well with it. Wait for a while.
- In the meanwhile, heat some ghee in a pan and add all the whole spices for the masala along with ginger-garlic paste. When the spices turn slightly brown, add the onions.
- Cook the onions partially on slow heat to ensure that they do not change their color. If you think the heat is getting too high to handle, put in a little bit of water.
- Once the onions are nice, glossy, well cooked and on the verge of changing color, add the yogurt.
- Add the yellow chili powder and cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Now add the chicken, followed by saunf powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add some water and let it cook for 10-12 minutes (till the chicken is partially cooked). Once done, remove from heat and let it cool. Pick out the pieces of chicken and strain the gravy over them.
- Add the finishing spices to the (the chicken and liquid), then add the cream to it. Keep this aside.
Prepare the rice for chicken biryani-
- In a pan, heat some water. Add salt and rose water to it.
- when it comes to boil, add the rice. Cook it partially and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat half of the jar/pan, you made earlier with all the chicken pieces. Once this comes to a boil, add half of the rice to it.
- Check the seasoning before adding rice after which you would not be able to adjust it.
- Add the rice to the jar/pan and sprinkle some ginger juliennes and sliced green chilies.
- Now add the other half of the rice and jar/ pan Let it cook on a low heat (on dum, in its own heat) covered with foil for about 10 minutes (till the water evaporates and chicken and rice are fully cooked).
- Drizzle with some rose water and serve hot.
Is it good to eat chicken biryani daily?
Key Ingredients:Rice (long grain, basmati rice), Chicken thighs (boneless), White pepper, Salt, Lemon (juiced), Desi ghee, Cardamoms, Bay leaf, Cinnaman cloves, Garlic paste, Ginger paste, Onion, Yogurt, Yellow chilli powder, Fennel or saunf powder, Salt , Water, Green cardamom powder, Fennel powder, Cream, Rosewater, Green Chillies.
Basically Biryani is an Indian dish In regular basis it is No its not good let me tel you the advantage and disadvantages of it.
- Chicken biryani supports weight reduction.
- Non- Veg Biryani helps to strengthen bone.
- Biryani also helps in smooth functioning of kidney, liver, and heart.
Though biryani as many benefits if taken regularly it has some side –effects like-
- It is a heavy food item and not easy to digest.
- Needs high fat for cooking and may cause obesity.
- Bad for peptic ulcer or gastritis patients.
So these are the few points which I have shared with u all last but not least remember we need food to live not live to eat. So have it in the limit to get all the benefits.