Paneer Butter Masala is one the best vegetarian dish in Indian cuisine. Recently I have analyzed that people in India like to eat more recipes of paneer so that’s why I thought I have to write a blog of my own which I had not written before. I want my visitors to be happy and learn from my blog so that they can cook on their own without any other help. All my dear friends, visitors, I found this paneer butter masala many years ago in a five-star restaurant, recently I am trying it to make at home and my entire family got hooked to this dish ( Butter paneer masala ). Paneer butter masala is also called Butter paneer masala. Actually, my style of making paneer butter masala recipe is different because I love to cook simple recipes which can be made easily with a few easy steps. So, guys, my main point is that this paneer butter masala recipe is very easy to cook if you all read all the instructions carefully.
Servings- Guys you can easily serve paneer butter masala dish with roti, butter naan, rice etc. You can add a little bit of cream which gives a good texture to your dish, With this, you can taste or add pudhina chutney which is my favourite.
Butter paneer masala has this fresh flavour of butter, onion, tomatoes and a dash of garlic, ginger and green chili. I love the way the gravy blends and nicely fuses with the tender pieces of paneer while you are sautéing the sabzi and the result turns out to be incredibly lip-smacking.
This Butter Paneer Masala recipe which I am trying to teach you is just like your favourite restaurant’s version and it is fabulous with the creamy texture and super flavorful curry.
I have also seen that some people, chefs don’t use onions, garlic. If some of you guys don’t want to add onions and garlic then its a choice for you. you can make butter paneer masala without onions and garlic, just skip that part and follow the complete recipe and I am sure you guys you will prepare the best recipe by watching the instructions which are given below. you can also take chicken instead of paneer if you want too.
Guys do you want to make paneer at home?
Yes its very easy to make cottage cheese at home, many people in India do not buy paneer from the market because of homemade cottage cheese, this can save money a lot. Making paneer at home is simple and needs only two ingredients – milk and acid (lemon juice or vinegar work well). You will need to heat milk and add the acid and simmer the milk till it curdles and separates into whey and paneer or cottage cheese. you can see the image below.
So, lets come back to my favourite recipe, you can always prefer to make paneer at home this can save your money and if you don’t want to prepare cottage cheese you can either buy from the market. This recipe is so versatile that if you would rather have chicken butter masala instead, you can always substitute the paneer for chicken don’t worry it Works both ways!
Ingredients for making Paneer butter masala
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 6 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala (Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric (Powder)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Cashewnuts (Chopped)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamoms
- tablespoons Kasuri Methi (Dry)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cream
- to taste Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1 Bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 250 grams Paneer cubes (or Cottage Cheese)
- 3 Kashmiri Red Chilies.
How to prepare paneer butter masala-
- Firstly take a pan, or Kadai, place it on medium flame.
- Then, take 2 tablespoon oil or 1 spoon butter, heat it for 3 to 4 minutes, then add chopped onions in it and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes after it, add ginger garlic paste, red chili, all spices (cinnamon, cardamom and peppercorns, bay leaves, cloves).
- Then saute for some time and mix the mixture well, after it if you want to add nuts, cashews you can add now onwards.
- Then place the pan cover on pan and heat gently and mix well and wait for the tomatoes when breaks down.
- Dear guys if you want to add paste before not the chopped onions and tomatoes you can add paste as well, its optional.
- I have used paste so then take the same pan or kadai add the paste in it, add coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili, salt and add at least 2 cups of water and simmer it on medium flame.
- So when bubbles come out, add the cubed pieces of paneer to the gravy and mix it very gently.
- Make sure that the entire gravy is consistent to paneer an then add a half teaspoon of kasuri methi.
- so wait for 5 to 7 minutes and stir well, now at last fresh cream in the curry and switch off the flame.
- Enjoy your paneer butter masala with roti, butter naan anything else you want to take with.
“I hope you guys enjoyed it, so share it or tell me in comments which you like the most part or anything else”.