Delicious Veg Grilled Sandwich Recipe Spiced with Cilantro Chutney and Grilled to perfection. Sandwiches are quite easy and quick to make.
Ingredients for the Grilled cheese sandwich:
- (1 cup = 250 ml) For green mint coriander chutney:
- 3/4 cup coriander leaves. ( Dhania leaves )
- 3/4 cup mint leaves. (pudhina leaves )
- 1/2 ginger ( adhrak ) chopped.
- 1 or 2 green chilies chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala.
- Black salt or regular salt as required.
- Little water to grind the chutney.
- Few drops of lemon juice
For sandwiches :
- 8 to 10 slices of brown bread or white bread.
- one medium sliced tomato (sliced)
- 1 medium-sized onion (sliced)
- one medium-sized cucumber (sliced)
- Capsicum ( sliced)(green bell pepper)
- Boiled potato (sliced)
- Boiled beetroot ( sliced)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup grated cheese or regular cheese ( add cheese as required
- Butter at room temperature to apply on the bread.
- Chat masala or sandwich masala to be sprinkled on the veggies.
- Black salt to be sprinkled on veggies.
Preparation for Grilled Cheese Sandwich:-
- Firstly prepare the chutney, and then blend all the ingredients in a small blender.
- Add a little amount of water in it, wait until it becomes thick.
- Keep the chutney aside.
- Steam or boil the potatoes and beetroot
- Peel and slice them thinly.
- Rinse and peel the onions and cucumber, slice them roundly into thin slices.
- Remove the seeds from the capsicum, and also slice the tomato roundly.
- Keep the sliced veggies aside, grate the cheese and keep aside.
- Slice the edges of the bread and then spread the butter evenly on all slices, make sure the butter covers the entire bread.
- Spread the mint coriander chutney on all bread slices.
- Place the onion, potato, tomato and capsicum slices on the bread, sprinkle chaat masala on it.
- Now spread grated cheese on it.
- Cover the sandwiches with remaining bread slices and place in a preheated toaster or grill.
- Toast for 2 to 3 minutes, till the bread gets toasted well and golden, toast the remaining sandwich in the same way.
- Now serve the Veg Grilled Cheese Sandwich on a plate with mint chutney and tangy tomato sauce.